Friday, August 12, 2011

ramadaan...almost half way there

can't say that at this point in the month of ramadaan i don't wish it was over already,..the wierd sleeping pattern has taken it's toll, i'm up at 4.40am..bright as a button, (whoever believes that is crazy)..yawning and streching make my way to the kitchen, to put Sehri on the table for GDH,..and my Dad...the usual fare is a bowl of jungle oats, it can be swallowed no need for chewing, and tea or coffee, whatever the favoured poison.

me..i unpack the dishwasher, reload it for the next run, swallow some water, and bleary eyed make my way back to bed, it's a helluva long month, and if another person, wishes to recount, how wonderful and easy it is, i have a short walk to the baseball bat,..and i can use it for purposes other than hitting a ball.

as you can see, this is the month, in which i should be meditating and turning my attention to all things spiritual,..instead i am itching to use the baseball bat, it would be bliss, if you can fit the spiritual, meditative, prayer thing ,into a full work day, then cooking and cleaning up, and after the first taste of water and kajoor hits your belly, all you want to do is sigh, stretch out and sleep, then there are the maghrieb, and Isha prayers that follow, lets not forget the tarawi prayer....but let me not be untruthfull, i much prefer reading and reciting my Quran, then spending time in congregational tarawi salah, so shoot me for being an errent muslim, but some things are easier said then done.

at this point, 16h03..i am feeling the cry of hunger in my belly, and try as i might, my concentration is impaired,...and i cannot bring myself to do anything mentally challenging, i believe prayer would be included in that, so i will make my way to the kitchen, in the vain hope that preparing our Iftaar dinner would take the edge of the hunger pangs, and physical activity, will erase them as well, pity tasting the fair has to wait, oh well as you can see, a believer i am, albeit slighlty errent, not very good with completing the 5 daily prayers, but emboldened by faith and love, and all the beauty that is Allah subahana wataallah. something i read, and am now repeating here,

"I WAS A HIDDEN TREASURE AND I WILLED TO BE KNOWN, SO I CREATED THE UNIVERSE"
And that universe, is magical and perfect, and in that, lies my soul, my belief and my joy, so here i am imperfect, not outwardly perfect, but truly in love with Allah,..and the boundless blessings he bestows,..so as my stomach rumbles and i complain, i thank the Almighty for the pleasure of being able to enjoy my Iftaar dinner, and i ask that he hastens the time until dusk...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
johannesburg, gauteng, South Africa
passionate bout all things literary. dislike, stupidity and insincerity.