Friday, August 21, 2009

ramadaan mubarak

i have a friend who always jokes, no,no, not Mubarak...can't wish that on anyone.
Hosne Mubarak, surely has everyone running, to avoid, the Mubarak taint. so instead i should say Ramadan Kareem.

it is that time of the year again, and for some reason, i am not having a sense of the spiritual,perhaps the every day reality of life, is more adapt at occupying my time and energy. the gifts of dates have been coming in fast and furious, i would love to know how many tons of the stuff are consumed over Ramadan, interesting, i should google that.

my one concession to the food drought over the next month was to cook up a great jummah lunch, the effects of which are lulling me to sleep at my desk, but then its friday who needs to work right?

so here's wishing friends, family, loved ones a happy and joyous Ramadan. may you be blessed and come out all the better for it.

2 comments:

Ankur Vyas said...

I think your writing is articulate and beautiful. If I am ever in South Africa, I would like to see your lovely face and meet you.

africanfragments said...

thanks...:)

About Me

My photo
johannesburg, gauteng, South Africa
passionate bout all things literary. dislike, stupidity and insincerity.